|Home » Nail Makeup
How to Give Yourself a Pedicure?
You don't need to rush off to a salon before donning those open-toed shoes. Get your feet in tip-top shape at home.
- Remove any old nail polish thoroughly.
- Soak your feet in warm water for 10 to 15 minutes. Add Epsom salts or any other commercial foot soak.
- Clip your toenails straight across using a toenail clipper or scissors. Clipping straight across will help prevent ingrown toenails.
- File the toenails to smooth any rough edges.
- Push back your cuticles. Use a cuticle moisturizer if they do not push back easily after soaking.
- Massage your feet with a moisturizing lotion. Use an exfoliating lotion if the skin is dry and/or roughened. Use a loofah or pumice stone on roughened areas.
- Separate your toes. Put cotton between your toes, or use a ready-made device for pedicures.
- Apply a base coat and give it time to dry.
- Apply polish, cleaning up any stray marks with a cotton swab dipped in polish remover. Add a second coat for deeper color.
- Complete the pedicure with a top coat of clear polish.
Leave your shoes off for at least an hour or two to allow the polish to thoroughly dry.
Avoid cutting your cuticles with scissors or nail clippers.
Comments » Add yours?
tools for toenail
Was this information helpful? Yes or
mary johnson from milwaukee wisconsin, August 14, 2010
yes where can you buy tools that the salon use to file your nails the electric file that is i would to purchase one to remove fungus from my to nails dont like to take medicine. mary
Leave a comment