|Home » Nail Makeup
How to Give Yourself a Manicure?
You don't have to journey to the local nail place to pamper your hands. Do it yourself at home.
- Remove old nail polish thoroughly. (Image 1)
- Soak hands in warm water for 10 or 15 minutes. Dry hands.
- File nails in one direction only. Avoid using a seesaw motion. (Image 2)
- Push back cuticles. Use a cuticle moisturizer if they do not push back easily after soaking. (Image 3)
- Massage your hands. Use a moisturizing lotion. Use an exfoliating lotion if your skin is dry and/or roughened. (Image 4)
- Apply a base coat. Allow it to dry. (Image 5)
- Apply polish. Clean any stray marks with a cotton swab dipped in polish remover.
- Add a second coat for deeper color.
- Finish the manicure with a top coat of clear polish.
Put your hands in a basin or sink full of ice-cold water if you need your nails to dry in a hurry.
Avoid cutting your cuticles with scissors or nail clippers.
Comments » Add yours?
Was this information helpful? Yes or
lakyn, December 1, 2006
when painting start from the back of your nail and work in strokes it works wonders
Leave a comment