|Home » Skin Makeup
How to Choose Foundation?
To even out your skin's appearance and create the illusion of flawless skin, head to the cosmetics counter. The right foundation can do wonders.
- Consider your skin type. If you have oily skin, stick with an oil-free formula. If you have drier skin, select a creamier formula that offers moisturizing benefits.
- Decide what type of look you'd like to achieve. Foundations can offer sheer to heavy coverage and finishes that range from satiny to matte.
- Test the colors of your preferred formula on your jawline, which offers the truest facial coloring. Any foundation will look slightly darker in the bottle, so keep this in mind when assessing your options.
- Blend in the foundation gently with a makeup sponge. The foundation should disappear into your skin. If you find you're between shades, blend two colors together, or keep looking for a brand that offers the perfect shade.
- Bring a hand mirror along so you can view your options in natural light.
- Look for yellow-toned foundation or tinted moisturizer if you're Caucasian or Asian;
- Hispanics should opt for foundation or tinted moisturizers with yellow-orange undertones. If you are African-American, it's a good idea to use light, medium and dark shades of foundation to allow for different gradations of color on different parts of your face.
- Remember that you have plenty of options to choose from, so if you don't find a good color match, keep looking.
- For sheer, no-nonsense coverage, consider using a tinted moisturizer.
- Look for the many extras some foundation formulas offer, such as sunscreen or ingredients that hide fine lines.
Comments » Add yours?
Leave a comment