|Home » Skin Makeup
How to Apply Blush?
Bring radiance and glow to your face with a little sweep of blush. The application is quick and the results gratifying.
- Select a color of blush that resembles the natural glow of your cheeks after you exercise.
- Consider having a lighter color for day, and a darker tone for a more dramatic evening look.
- Keep your blush in the same color family as your lipstick.
- Consider the type of blush best suited to your skin type. Cream blush works very well for drier skin, as it can help to keep skin hydrated. Powder blush is better suited to oily skin.
- Complete the application of foundation, powder and all eye makeup before applying blush.
- Use a full, round brush for the application of your powder blush, as it will make for a softer and more professional look than the brush that comes with the blush. This should not be the same brush you use to apply your loose powder.
- Place a small amount of blush on the brush and gently tap off any excess. Or, place a small amount of cream on your middle finger. (Image 1)
- Look in the mirror and smile. (Image 2)
- Place powder blush on the apple of your cheek and gently brush up your cheekbone toward your hairline. Dot cream blush beginning at the apple, and gently blend up the cheekbone toward the hairline. (Image 3)
- Focus your blush at the outside of your face near your hairline if you have a fuller face. For high cheekbones, concentrate blush in the center of your face to accentuate your bones.
- Blend a little blush down your cheek for a little more natural, less dramatic look.
- For rosier cheeks, consider gel or liquid tints. Wash your hands after use, as these products may stain the hands.
- Remember that the lighter your skin tone, the lighter your blush color should be.
- Wash brushes regularly with a makeup remover or nonsoap cleanser.
Comments » Add yours?
Leave a comment